Tuesday, March 4, 2008

The Gateway to A Painter’s Paradise


Of my love for the picturesque and sublime in nature
My canvas is birth; inspired by the muse of colour.
As humanity struggles against the forces of nature,
A pleasant wind of light and atmospheric effects
Explores the interior of self in patterns and silhouette;
Of colour, pure, applied richly, in flickering strokes,
Conveying intense emotional expression or even pain;
A feeling of ease, more a part of my chosen landscape,
I can feel it from my insides:
And I want to express my feelings rather than demonstrate them.

To live my dream in my very heart
Here I shall have every right.
A brush in chiaroscuro, with the lights in lead-white,
A full blend of splendour and majesty in every masterpiece.
A collector’s delight.
With short brush strokes I juxtapose my primary colors:
Red, yellow, and blue-green, purple,
And vermillion I also blend on the general hue.
Thus, shall I let my feelings flow.

There is an agony that goes before my every ecstasy
When my feelings are unchained and set free,
To wander on mere caprice in the garden of my imagination
Avid constellation of ideas bestow
Upon the benign spirit of my painter’s heart
Just beneath the echoes of my perceptions on display
In grotesque forms on canvas,
Rendering the shadows of my unchained spirit;
Thus, shall I let my feelings flow.

©Uche (2006)

No comments: