Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Covenant Child


Confusing as this may seem
My whole life has been rectified in Him
Who lives in me.

The electrifying lifestyle of passionate cravings
In unwholesome carnal endeavours;
Every moment spent searching
Yet, undisclosed but still searching…

Neither the deep waters could consume me,
Nor the scorching heat of the wilderness
Fry my soul on the pan of unwisdom.

Arise Oh Jah!
And let your enemies be doomed,
For your word alights the heart of the simple.

The many misdemeanours of mankind,
And my quest to stray from your very sight
Could never misrepresent your love

Woe! To them that miseducate me,
Those that launch the innocent
Into a landscape of misunderstood identities.

You who made me in your very image and likeness,
Let your loving kindness keep me
In the place of your covenant.
Let your kingdom come!

©Uche (2002)

No comments: