Tuesday, February 26, 2008

A Symptom of Our Mutual Need


Now I feel like one in darkness
Waiting for necessary light
To form an expression of my existence
Or as the sea reaches out for the rocks on the seashore
To bring forth splashes of water…

I am that courageous drop of rain
That dares to fall all the way from the heavens
Until absorbed by the earth
Or scattered by some resisting surface…

I am the other stone
You need to strike
To spark a fire
And if you do not believe me then tell me why I feel
Like I do when I am left alone without you…

Why does it take an ear for a mouth to be heard?
And why does it take just a glance to spot a dear friend in a crowd?

A square peg may never fit in a round hole
And a push becomes a pull on the other side
Now I feel like an action waiting for a reaction to occur
Can two walk together except they agree?
And how can I ever be effective without a cause?
Of course, my changes might just be a reflection of you
In our mutual need for existence…

©Uche (2003)

No comments: