Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Unchained


Earth-bound, at ease
Is a presage of the rites of perdition.
A rich life, earthen and lush,
Relish and guard your heart son.

The heart is what you make it;
Like the hurricane that snatches the Baobab tree
Off the Kalahari, and casts her
Swiftly into the mighty raging sea.

There is a silent prowler
Upon this alien planet of life;
But I am the light-headed eaglet
Who takes a chance on love flight,
I am a survivor; I chose to thrive.

The cosmic wisdom of the Rock of Ages
Cannot be outlived
Even by eons of time in swift passage.

And the message is plain for all to see
Yet, we have lied to ourselves all along.
Until the Rock shattered my shell of containment;
I toast to the Superlative One.

Because He succumbed to no wretched beast
A broken recumbent self – I.
Severed and set free
From the umbilical cord of powerless heritage.
I wept.
My seasons changed,
Strong gusts of wind
Now possess the strength of the soaring eagle…

Spirit-bound;
Water and fire are life elements.
And this tongue of flame powers my heart’s dream,
Kindled gently in love realm.

Papa, I hear your small voice in the depth of my spirit,
Telling me to keep dying for my love of life.

Now I see an empty cross as I journey
In a life beyond earthly comparison.
In the three dimension of truth, believe;
Therefore I receive the gumption to behold
The treasures of the King’s promises.


©Uche (2002)

No comments: