Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Great Arm of Grace


In apologies, just how much price can we pay
For being who we are and in truthful acceptance?
If I could, I would have to understand
The reason for my heart’s pain.
The future I sought is here and now;
Together we may walk but I shall lead
Rather than be led by her.

Why must we contend always like this,
About this our one salvation?
What has become of this truth which is so paramount?
The power in one sacrifice for our humanity:
I saw it on the blood on that cross and beyond
And my whole life got changed,
Such that deep in my heart I can fly like an eagle.

You can take a piece of me whenever you need,
For the things you think you have
Are really for someone else;
But until they understand,
Their flame will insidiously devour
Their peace, piece by piece.

If we search our minds a little more, maybe
We might just reconcile the reason why
There seems to be no way out of our present corners.
Yet, here we are, separated from the water’s edge
Where the green foliage is always lush for all seasons
And all the plants growing there have their branches
Become like strong arms of authority.
Where love becomes the elixir that heals every pain
Searing apart every gloom on our way…

Give all your strength ‘cos I’ll give mine too,
To get back to where we came from.
Let us sing a little louder the songs of hope
And in faith we receive great promises!

©Uche (2003)

No comments: